Mare and Youngstock Mix
Robinwood Mare and Young Stock Mix is designed to be fed to in-foal broodmares, mares with foals at foot, and to youngstock (introduce gradually from 3 months of age onwards).
Robinwood Mare and Youngstock is a calorie rich diet containing quality proteins, the function of this diet is to assist in maintaining the condition of the broodmare through her period of gestation, whilst promoting the natural development of the unborn foal.
- A higher level of nutritionally dense feed should allow a heavily pregnant mare to maintain condition as the gestation period reaches its final stage
- The high inclusion of oats ensures a good source of digestible fibre. Oats are known to be rich in beta glucans – these have been shown to assist in the management of equine stomach ulcers and general gut health
- Quality proteins are included in the form of high protein soya bean meal
- Micronized flaked peas and micronized flaked barley lend themselves to ensuring a feed is palatable, these micronized cereals also provides a source of readily digested protein.
- This diet contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals
- Pregnant mares should not be allowed to become too over-weight, as this may lead to foaling complications